Whether the building has suffered flood damage already, or is at risk of flooding in the future, this may well be outside your day-to-day experience and specialist advice may be needed, for example:

• What type of measures are required to correctly address the flood risk in that locality? (Groundwater flooding requires different techniques from overland flow problems).

• What criteria need to be applied when choosing between ‘fit-and-forget’ measures, and those requiring the buildings’ current (or future) occupants to deploy equipment correctly in response to flood warnings?

• There are multiple entry points for floodwater, not all of which are obvious to the non-specialist: non-return valves may be needed for sewers and domestic appliance pipe work; sealants are required for service ducts.

You can find useful information elsewhere on the website.

Alternatively you can request a specialist in flood protection to carry out an independent Flood Defence Survey.

You can also find details of the widest range of products available in the UK.
Or you can just give us a call and we’ll do our best to help you in whatever way we can.

Call us on 0208 442 0872.

Write a Comment