Wessenden is a modular, low-cost flood defence and containment system for long-term peace of mind.
Robust, cost-effective and easy to install, Wessenden is constructed from 100% post-industrial plastic waste, with steel reinforcement for added strength. Wessenden is designed for easy on-site assembly for both new build and retrofit installations.
Secondary containment system:
Wessenden delivers robust and long-term protection against leakage and land contamination for oil storage facilities, generators, transformers or any other plant.
Wessenden can be sealed to an existing suitable base, or a suitable concrete or slab base can be installed – for guaranteed 100% liquid retention.
- No need for major plant equipment
- No need to suspend normal operations during installation
- Can be assembled quickly by a team of two people
There is also a 3-hour flame retardant Wessenden option available if fire is a risk.
Perimeter flood defence:
As well as secondary containment, Wessenden will prevent damage to your assets from water ingress. As a flood defence system, Wessenden is assembled in a similar way to conventional fencing with special reinforced posts concreted into the ground.
All the units are sealed, and at ground level Wessenden fits into a concrete pad that runs the length of the wall. Wessenden provides a watertight and weight-bearing defence against floodwater.
BENEFITS OF Wessenden:
- Cost-effective compared to traditional bunding systems
- Modular system for easy transportation and speedy on-site assembly
- Reduces carbon footprint compared to concrete
- Constructed from nonporous, durable, 100% postindustrial recycled plastic waste
- Steel reinforced for added strength
- Contains leakage, prevents floodwater ingress